Thursday, August 9, 2012

POST 161

Hey guys!
I have a brand new illustration in the latest issue of Black Book magazine! The piece accompanies an article on the band Animal Collective and their new album coming out soon. They also have a fun little side column about other bands out there with animals in their name. The art direction from the lovely Lorenna Gomez-Sanchez was to have a few of the guys from AC surrounded by of course, animals, specifically ones that have bands named after featured in the column. The was perfect for me, I love Animal Collective, and a lot of the other bands mentioned. Plus I love drawing animals and they had no problem with me adding odd elements like masks. Here are a few of the original sketches


and here is the final piece. I had a blast painting it


No comments: